Due to COVID-19, we’ve made a few changes to keep our guests as safe as we can during your time with us by instituting some new policies detailed here.
- Cleaning: Deeper cleaning and sanitization including disinfecting all hard surfaces with anti-bacterial/anti-viral cleaning solutions. This means we’ll require longer for cleaning, so check-out has been moved to 9 am from 10 am, and check-in has been moved to 5 pm from 4 pm to allow our cleaning staff the time needed to thoroughly clean and prepare our chalets for our guests. Thank you for your understanding in helping to keep you safe. Should your chalet be ready earlier, we’ll be happy to allow early check-in.
- Contactless Entry: New contactless, keyless entry that allows self-check-in for guests to enter anytime after 5 pm. While we pride ourselves on the personal service we’ve provided to our guests, including in-person check-ins, we want you to know that we’re still here for you, even if we’re not there to greet you in person upon arrival. We’re available by phone and hopefully, you’ll feel welcomed even though we’re not there personally to greet you. We’re available to you 24/7 by phone, text, or video chat. Just let us know what you need!
- Mandatory Masks: If you are staying with us in the new building, masks MUST be worn indoors in the common areas, from the time a guest gets out of their car in the garage until they are in their individual chalet. Masks must fully cover the nose and mouth area. Any guest without a mask risks immediate termination of their rental agreement with zero refund for any unused time, at the owner’s discretion. We want ALL of our guests to feel safe and have peace of mind on their vacation.
- Elevator policy: Only members of the same party are permitted to ride in the elevator together.
- Clean air: All chalets have individual HVAC units with no air transferring from one unit to another.
REVISED CANCELATION POLICY:
We’ve also revised our cancelation policy to help accommodate the unexpected:
We have relaxed our standard no-refund cancelation policy to be as understanding and as fair as possible during these unprecedented times.
For COVID-19: If the reservation must be canceled due to a Federal, State or Municipal governmental regulation, then we will offer you your choice of a full refund (less third-party processing fees) to your method of payment, or a 100% Snow Bear credit that can be used anytime pending availability, for 24 months from the date of cancelation. If you are visiting for a ski holiday (for any time other than Christmas, New Year’s and President’s Week) and Whitefish Mountain Resort closes early for the season due to COVID, we will issue a Snow Bear Chalets credit to you for any unused time, that can be used anytime in the next 24 months.
For non-COVID-19 Mandated Cancelations: Our guests tend to book their vacation with us more than 6 months in advance. Therefore, for non-holiday/special event weeks, should you cancel more than 90 days prior to arrival, we will refund 100% of the amount you’ve already paid, (less third-party processing fees). If you cancel for personal reasons less than 90 days prior to your scheduled arrival or cancel at any time for a holiday or special event week, we will do our best to re-rent your reservation for the same dates/rate. Should we be unable to do so, there is no refund. We recommend you purchase travel insurance. Holiday reservations are non-refundable.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you to Snow Bear Chalets very soon! Until then, stay safe!
Gail and the Snow Bear Chalets Team