Due to COVID-19, we’ve made a few changes to keep our guests as safe as we can during your time with us by instituting some new policies detailed here.
- Cleaning: Deeper cleaning and sanitization including disinfecting all hard surfaces with anti-bacterial/anti-viral cleaning solutions. This means we’ll require longer for cleaning, so check-out has been moved to 9 am from 10 am, and check-in has been moved to 5 pm from 4 pm to allow our cleaning staff the time needed to thoroughly clean and prepare our chalets for our guests. Thank you for your understanding in helping to keep you safe. Should your chalet be ready earlier, we’ll be happy to allow early check-in.
- Contactless Entry: New contactless, keyless entry that allows self-check-in for guests to enter anytime after 5 pm. While we pride ourselves on the personal service we’ve provided to our guests, including in-person check-ins, we want you to know that we’re still here for you, even if we’re not there to greet you in person upon arrival. We’re available by phone and hopefully, you’ll feel welcomed even though we’re not there personally to greet you. We’re available to you 24/7 by phone, text, or video chat. Just let us know what you need!
- Mandatory Masks: If you are staying with us in the new building, masks MUST be worn indoors in the common areas, from the time a guest gets out of their car in the garage until they are in their individual chalet. Masks must fully cover the nose and mouth area. Any guest without a mask risks immediate termination of their rental agreement with zero refund for any unused time, at the owner’s discretion. We want ALL of our guests to feel safe and have peace of mind on their vacation. Please continue to wear your mask in common areas even if you are vaccinated, until further notice.
- Elevator policy: Only members of the same party are permitted to ride in the elevator together.
- Clean air: All chalets have individual HVAC units with no air transferring from one unit to another.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance as there is no refund for cancellations. We have made arrangements with Nationwide Insurance to offer full coverage that can be canceled for any reason, for 10% of your vacation cost. You must purchase the travel insurance within 7 days of booking your reservation. You can find the details and book travel insurance here.
- If you must cancel and ONLY if we are able to rerent your exact dates/rate, we will then refund 80% of your payment, after the replacement guest checks out. This fee covers our time and fees incurred to book and cancel your reservation. It is twice the cost of travel insurance above, so please make it easy on all of us and purchase travel insurance so you save money and you are fully covered.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you to Snow Bear Chalets very soon! Until then, stay safe!
Gail and the Snow Bear Chalets Team